Resizing images is a common task that many people need to do for various reasons, such as reducing file size, changing the aspect ratio, or fitting an image into a specific space. Paint 3D is a simple but powerful tool that comes pre-installed on Windows 10 and can be used to resize images quickly and easily. In this article, we will show you how to resize an image in Paint 3D step-by-step, so you can do it yourself without any hassle.
To resize an image in Paint 3D, you first need to open the image you want to resize in the app. Once you have the image open, you can use the Canvas options to change the size of the image. The Canvas options allow you to adjust the width and height of the canvas, which in turn resizes the image. You can also choose to keep the aspect ratio of the image intact or change it as needed. In addition, you can choose to resize the image by a specific percentage or by entering exact dimensions. With these simple steps, you can easily resize any image in Paint 3D without any prior experience or technical knowledge.
Opening Paint 3D
If you want to resize an image in Paint 3D, the first step is to open the application. Here are the steps you need to follow:
Locating the Paint 3D App
Before you can open Paint 3D, you need to locate it on your computer. Here’s how to do it:
- Click on the Start button on your desktop.
- Type Paint 3D in the search bar.
- Click on the Paint 3D app in the search results.
Opening the App
Once you have located the Paint 3D app, you can open it by following these steps:
- Click on the Paint 3D app to open it.
- The Paint 3D window will appear on your screen.
That’s it! You have successfully opened the Paint 3D app. Now you can proceed to the next step of resizing your image.
It’s worth noting that Paint 3D is a free application that comes pre-installed with Windows 10. If you can’t find it on your computer, you may need to update your operating system to the latest version. Additionally, if you prefer to use the classic Paint app instead of Paint 3D, you can still find it on your computer by searching for it in the same way.
Importing the Image
Before you can resize an image in Paint 3D, you’ll need to import it into the program. Here’s how to do it:
Choosing the Image
First, you’ll need to choose the image you want to resize. The image can be in any format that Paint 3D supports, such as JPEG, PNG, or BMP. You can choose an image that’s already on your computer, or you can download one from the internet.
Opening the Image in Paint 3D
Once you’ve chosen the image you want to resize, you’ll need to open it in Paint 3D. Here’s how:
- Open Paint 3D on your computer by typing “Paint 3D” in the Windows Search bar and selecting “Paint 3D” from the search results.
- Click on the “Open” button in the Paint 3D app.
- Browse for the image you want to resize, and then click “Open.”
- The image will be opened in the Paint 3D app.
Once you’ve imported the image into Paint 3D, you can begin resizing it. In the next section, we’ll show you how to do just that.
Resizing the Image
Resizing an image in Paint 3D is a simple process that can help you adjust the dimensions of your images to fit your needs. Here are the steps to follow:
Selecting the Resize Tool
- Open Paint 3D and click on the “New” button to create a new project.
- Click on the “Menu” button (three dots) in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select “Resize” from the drop-down menu.
Adjusting the Image Size
- In the Resize menu, you will see the current size of your image in pixels.
- Enter the desired width and height for your image in the appropriate fields.
- You can choose to maintain the aspect ratio of the image by checking the “Lock aspect ratio” box.
- You can also choose to resize the canvas along with the image by checking the “Resize image with canvas” box.
- Click “Apply” to resize your image.
Saving the Resized Image
- Once you have resized your image, click on the “Menu” button (three dots) in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select “Save as” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose a file name and location to save your resized image.
- Select the desired file format (JPEG, PNG, or BMP) from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Save” to save your resized image.
By following these simple steps, you can easily resize your images in Paint 3D to fit your needs. Whether you need to make an image smaller for web use or larger for print, Paint 3D makes it easy to adjust the dimensions of your images.
In conclusion, resizing an image in Paint 3D is a simple and straightforward process. Whether you want to increase or decrease the size of an image, Paint 3D provides you with the necessary tools to do so.
To resize an image in Paint 3D, you can either use the Canvas option or the Resize option. The Canvas option allows you to resize the entire canvas, including the image, while the Resize option allows you to resize the image independently.
It’s important to note that when resizing an image, you should maintain the aspect ratio to avoid distorting the image. You can also use the Lock aspect ratio option to ensure that the aspect ratio remains the same.
Additionally, when resizing an image, you should consider the final use of the image. For example, if you’re resizing an image for web use, you should keep the file size as small as possible to ensure fast loading times.
In summary, Paint 3D is a powerful tool for resizing images, and with a little practice, you can quickly and easily resize your images to meet your needs.